Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wen Chang Hainan Chicken Rice by Leng

Hainan chicken rice must be my ultimate choice when it comes to what to have for lunch. So when my regular outlet rests every Tuesday, this is where I come for my fix of Hainan chicken rice.
From the newspaper cuttings pasted on the wall, it seems that this chicken rice shop started out as just a stall and now being run by 2 generations of the family. I remember this location used to house Green Planet Cafe which served western and oriental food, catering mainly for Western backpackers.

As you can see, it is now buzzing with mainly the local busy lunchtime crowd. Food here is served very quickly since all the things are cooked beforehand. Chicken only needs to be chopped, and rice only needs to be scooped.

Within minutes of ordering, voila!


When having chicken rice, the chilli sauce which accompanies it, is very important. I feel it will either make or break the deal. It should have the right balance of garlic, ginger, chilli, vinegar and sugar. All combined will be like a mini explosion with every mouthful of chilli, chicken and rice!

My score:
Taste: 4
Environment: 2
Service: 3
Price: 5 (cost less than RM15 for 2 people including drinks)
Parking: 4 (plenty along the road)
Adress: Cintra Street, Penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment