Friday, June 26, 2009

The Demise Of 2 Entertainment Icons

What a gloomy day today..

While I was driving to work today, I heard about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett’s passing on the radio. I wasn’t sad but I guess I was shocked and speechless.

Most people my age have grown up watching MJ and Farrah on TV. They were the icons back in the 70’s and 80’s. Ok, please do not have the wrong impression that I’m that old. It’s just that Charlie’s Angels and The Thriller were really popular during my early childhood and primary schooling time. By the way, I was only a toddler when I first watched Charlie’s Angles on TV back in the late 70’s.

So, they are really dead…

One of them was my favorite angel of the sexy trio. I still remember the sequence of my liking, in descending order, went like this – Jill (Farrah Fawcett), Kelly (Jacklyn Smith) and Sabrina (Kate Jackson). These hot chicks (aunties by now) accompanied my early childhood.

The other one whose songs I listened to when I was attending primary school and then secondary school. I never did like MJ that much but his talent was truly undeniable. It was his “Heal The World” that accompanied me as I stayed up burning the midnight oil; his “Black or White” that I listened to in my car as I attempted to skip the boring tuition classes after school; his “I’ll be There” that I sang the first time I went to a karaoke.

I will not go crazy over buying MJ’s CDs nor downloading Farrah's bikini poster as some fans would do now. However, I will cherish my childhood memories more, with MJ and Farrah being part of them.

My tribute to them..

No comments:

Post a Comment