Saturday, June 13, 2009

May Tip Thai Food Restaurant by Leng

It has been ages since I was last in Bukit Mertajam, so when friends suggested that we have dinner at a popular Thai restaurant over there, I jumped at the chance. Upon reaching the place, I could already tell that it's a popular restaurant among the locals. It spans over two shoplots and I could see most of the tables inside are occupied. Luckily we made reservations!




















Service was friendly and efficient. The menu comes with pictures, so no guessing what the food description is talking about!

























Here is what we ordered for 5 of us on that night.




















The waitress suggested that we order a small sized one as some of us doesn't eat pork leg. However, when this yummy dish arrived, everyone turned into a fan of pork leg! It is that good!



















Stir fried vermicelli with seafood. It is not sticky and full of flavour. I think this can act as a dish by itself without rice if one was to dine by themselves.



















Next came the green curry chicken. This is not bad. No complains here. Usually I measure a Thai food outlet by their green curry or tom yam soup. It they can't master these popular dishes, then I am afraid it's back to the drawing board.



















This is a must-order when you come here in my opinion. Its an omelette with some sort of vege. Sorry but I totally can't recall what this is called but you can see the picture in the menu. Get what I meant about having pictures in the menu? Haha.



















This lemon juice steamed fish is absolutely the best! You may have noticed how come no tom yam soup? Well, this is the reason! There is plenty of "soup" in this dish. One spoonful will definitely to another one... then another one.... and another one. The balance between sour, sweet and spicy taste is just ideal.
























You can already guess my scores on this place based on the above picture!


My Scores:
Taste: ☺☺☺☺☺
Environment: ☺☺☺
Service: ☺☺☺☺
Price: ☺☺☺☺ (RM138 for the above incl plain rice and drinks)
Parking: ☺☺☺ ☺
Address: 26 & 28 Lebuh Keranji, Taman Mutiara, Bukit Mertajam.
Telephone: 012-4333 910, 04-5399 910
Website: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment