Monday, June 15, 2009

Review of "Horse Boy" by SamT

I was brought up to read books when I was young. With my hectic schedule at work and the nature of my job, I have developed the name “LAZINESS” in my life. I don’t read so much nowadays, but in between time, I still go to the book stores, hoping to find something that can bring back my interest of the good old time.

That is why I like Borders at Queensbay mall, there is a Starbucks outlet where I sip my afternoon coffee while reading some of my favorites. While I was cruising through the shelves, I came across this book that raise my curiosity; the “Horse Boy”, which the cover printed the photo of a man carrying a little boy setting on a horse back. There is a saying, don’t judge the book by its cover; I actually did the opposite as the cover really gushed out the impulsiveness in me to know the detail.


The aroma of my caramel macchiato filled the corner I settled in, a comfy sofa that overlooked the sea and the bridge, the contents of the book hit me, and I decided to own it as part of my collection in my mini library at home.

It told the unheard story that most people, especially for parents with autistic children, would want to hear. The content spelt a mixture of emotions, joy, disappointment, acceptance, hope, anguish, rejection, fear, laughter, tears and love. To my amazement is the findings of a father that was so devoted to his son’s sickness and the positive mind that end up to be what is really good for the little boy.

Autism can only be identified when a kid is about 2 years old when his or her responses to name called and day to day chores are being ignored by themselves. These special children are very much to have the world of their own and their connection to things happen around them. It is really heart breaking for parents to see such behaviors; experiences in a lot of consultations, researches, medications and religious move are made in order for improvement. All these were clearly told in this book by Rupert Isaacson, the author and the father of “Horse Boy”.




I can assure you that upon finishing this book, it is really a slap to wake you up and change the way how to see life. My verdict to this book is “way too amazing” and is definitely a must have.

My Scores:
Story: My Scores:
Story: ☺☺☺☺☺
Emotionally Touched: ☺☺☺☺
Influences in Life: ☺☺☺☺
Price: when you find a book that you really want, price is really not a matter.
Others: Any comment, just drop a line in shortsnslippers.pg@gmail.com or in the comment of this blog.

1 comment:

  1. hi Tsam,

    I it looks interesting the book.. mind itf you can lend me hahah ! take ecare! :)

    ReplyDelete