Sunday, August 9, 2009

ToTo Vietnamese Restaurant, Western Australia by Gneb

If you are in Perth, I’d recommend you to ToTo Vietnamese Restaurant, located in Albany Highway.


ToTo is apparently very popular among the people in Perth, so you’ll have to go early or you’ll have to wait for a table. This is definitely not good, especially when you are hungry and have to watch the rest of the people eat the lovely food.



The food is so good that I actually went there twice during my recent trip to Perth. Trust me, it’s all worth it!


This comes before the main course as in many Vietnamese and Thai restaurants. It’s kind of like an appetizer to whet your appetite for more delicious food.

Vietnamese Paper Rolls – These are so authentic. The vegetables are so fresh and there are actually shrimps in the filling, 3 of them to be precise! The sauce is also so tasty that you can actually have it on its own.


Fried Chicken – These are so lovely. They’re so crunchy outside and juicy inside. They taste a bit like our Belacan (Shrimp Paste) Fried Chicken.



Sweet and Sour Prawns – The dressing is very appetizing and you should really try the pickled cabbage. I’m not a big fan of pickles, but I love this.



Broken Rice – This is definitely a fulfilling and complete meal. It comes with rice and 4 little portions of side dishes (shredded egg, fried egg, “meatloaf” looking thingy and BBQ pork). To top it all, the fish sauce is just fabulous! This is basically what I had for dinner every night when I was working in the US last time.



Beef Pho – How could you miss this in a Vietnamese restaurant? The soup is tasty and although I’m not into the internal organs, the beef slices are lovely nonetheless.




Minced Pork with Rice – I didn’t try this as I was really from all the food I mentioned above. My friend’s verdict – this is great!




It’s certainly a must visit in Perth, I’d say. I’m starting to drool as I see the pictures. I’m not sure if there’s any Vietnamese Restaurant in Penang that serves Broken Rice. Anyone can tell me?

My scores (out of 5):
Taste:
5 (No doubt)
Environment: 4 (Comfortable but I wish they had bigger shop space to cater for more customers)
Service: 3 (Friendly but could be friendlier)
Price: 3 (Acceptable for the quality of the food you get)
Parking: 4 (Available right in front of the restaurant and plenty along the road beside the restaurant)
Address: 873 – 875 Albany Highway, East Victoria Park, WA 6101
Tel: 93552388
Others: It closes every Monday

3 comments:

  1. It's not hard to see why this is a popular restaurant in Perth. Want to let you know that we recently added a Pho Restaurant Directory for Australia and ToTo is included:

    http://www.phofever.com/restaurants.php?rid=2894

    Please drop by to review your favorite locations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ToTo! We live nearby so we go on average once a week

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have dined in a few times with our children and we absolutley love it. The food is amazing and has been every time. I definately recommend this place! Very well priced too.

    ReplyDelete