Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Topvalu: My New Snack by Gneb

I usually reach work at 8.30am and by the time I step into my office, I’ll most likely be stuck in front of my laptop reading emails and getting ready for the day. Otherwise, I’ll be rushing for morning meetings. This leaves me literally no time for breakfast. Oh well, blaming it on myself for waking up late and that few minutes of lie-in.


So, I normally stock up my cabinets with some handy snacks like cereal bars and biscuits. However, I just get bored of them after having them every day for some time.


I recently saw Topvalu at Jusco Supermarket, Queensbay at the Japanese food aisle. From the tiny English label, this is an energy snack / supplement thingy (if only I could make more sense out of the Japanese characters).


I decided to buy the 2 packets of the gel base Topvalu. This costs RM4.90 each.






Verdict: Well, the taste is nice and the packaging is certainly catchy. Many of my colleagues actually came up to me after the meeting and asked me what “trendy drink” I was having. Does it work? It helps a bit as I did not feel as hungry as empty stomach. I was however still hungry after that. I guess nothing beats a packet of Nasi Lemak. One more thing, the straw is just not functioning too well that you’ll have to suck real hard at times before you get to taste what's inside.


I also bought 2 packets of the power base Topvalu, which you’ll have to mix in water.



Verdict: This is great. The lemon taste mixture is so nice that I felt like drinking lemon soda. It quenches thirst and hunger at the same time. To make it catchier, try having it in your gym’s protein shaker with some ice cubes. This will definitely catch the attention of the meeting attendees, especially if you are the chair person : )

No comments:

Post a Comment