Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taipei Food Avenue, Penang by Gneb

Taipei Food Avenue is located at Prima Tanjung, in Fettes Park (in case you do not know where Prima Tanjung is, it’s across the road from Island Plaza). It has been operating for quite some time and I have been there a number of times.



I happened to be in that area last weekend, so I decided to go to Taipei Food Avenue for dinner.



Taipei Food Avenue serves both set meals and a la carte. The set meals look very tempting and reasonable, so we made up our mind to go for set meals.

The set meal comes with a drink; you could choose either red tea or green tea (either hot or cold).




The set meal also comes with a soup (winter melon); a main dish (several choices); a side dish (stir fried potatoes); a bowl of rice and a bowl of dessert. The price ranges between RM13.50 to RM16.50 depending on what main dish you choose.



I chose pork meatballs. The dish is called “Lion Head” in Taiwan and China (I learned this when I was in China). I wouldn’t say the meatballs are excellent, but they’re ok nevertheless.



My friend chose Braised Pork, which I think tastes nicer than the meatballs. At least the gravy doesn’t taste as bland as that of the meatballs’.



The stir fried potatoes is good, but it’s not something too special if you are a regular at any economy rice stalls.




Dessert: Not sure what it is, but I think there are some slices of melon in it. It’s quite refreshing, but a bit too sweet though.







My scores (out of 5):
Taste: 2 (biasa lah…normal lah)
Environment: 2 (biasa lah…normal lah)
Service: 3 (OK lah, friendly also)
Price: 3 (I think the set is ok)
Parking: 4 (Not a problem as there are plenty in front of Prima Tanjung. There’s even a car park behind the building)
Address: No 98-G-41, Prima Tanjung, Jalan Fettes, Tanjung Tokong, 11200, Penang.
Tel: 04-8900993

1 comment: