Sunday, July 26, 2009

Australian Meat Pies by Gneb

Being a huge pie lover, I’m always on the lookout for delicious pies everywhere I go to. So, it’d only make sense that I had meat pie eating in my itinerary, when I was in the nation of meat pies – Australia recently.

In fact, I decided to have a little indulgence by trying out the pies at 2 different places, as I knew I wasn't going to be in Australia forever...

With a statement as below, it’d be difficult not to over indulge in eating the tasty pies.




Besides, this is from someone who’s “serious about pies”!






You could find Jesters Pies all over Australia. In Western Australia alone, I’ve seen Jesters Pies in almost all of the major towns I’ve been to. Below are from the Busselton shop I went to.

The pies come in different shapes and with different savoury and sweet fillings. We tried 3 of them and they were all so delicious!







The steaming filling inside oozes out the moment you bite into the pies. You’ve got to try out their fries too.



Jesters Pies also sell boxes of frozen pies. All you need to do is to pop them into microwave whenever you want them.

Back in downtown Perth, I found the pies at the up market David Jones’s Foodhall equally as tempting. I succumbed to the temptation by buying a pie and a quiche for lunch.



This is so nice. I love the minced beef filling, it’s so tasty!





Having tried the Real McCoy Aussie meat pies, I left Australia with utmost satisfaction and definitely with no regret whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment