Thursday, May 28, 2009

DESIGNER CLOTHES SHOPPING AT ZURINA'S by GNEB

I met up with an old friend of mine whom I used to work with in my current company. It must have been about 6 to 7 years since I last saw her and she was indeed looking great. We met up for lunch in a vegetarian restaurant in Chow Thye Road (I’m going to write about this restaurant soon) and after that she took me to Zurina’s - a shop that sells designers’ clothing at marked down prices.

As the shop is located in a rather secluded part of this neighborhood and there’s not much being advertised about it, I thought I’d share with you what to expect in there. Honestly, if my friend hadn’t told me about it, I certainly would not have realized that this is a shop with so many “designers’ treasures” waiting to be uncovered and it is right here in Penang!




















Rahmat, the friendly shop owner showed us some of the designers’ collections at the shop. There’s a good selection of Emporio Armani’s jeans, Salvatore Ferragamo’s, DKNY’s and Versace’s. Amazingly, you can find them in different sizes (unlike some designers’ outlets where you only find sizes that either fit Kate Moss or otherwise, the Michelin Man!). There’s also a large selection of shirts, from Polo RL, Burberry, Kenzo, Paul Smith (great find indeed!), CK etc. Most of the clothes are for men, but there’s also a good collection of women clothing. In fact, the shop owner has devoted the entire front hall of the shop for women items such as bags, perfumes and some accessories.

According to Rahmat, he and his wife would go for shopping trips overseas frequently. You may have guessed China? I must admit I have the same thought too. Nevertheless, these are still good buys considering the prices you pay here versus what you pay at Starhill or KLCC. A pair of Armani Jeans costs between RM130 to RM160 (vs approx RM700) and a Lacoste Polo-T costs RM130 (vs approx RM300). Besides, who would have noticed if they are authentic or fake, especially if you have always had a reputation of sporting real designer stuff? C’mon, give your wallet a break!

I ended up buying a pair of Armani Jeans (RM160). Liked them all, except for the “carrot” cutting, but I’ve found someone in Prangin Mall who can fix them for me the way I like them. My friend told me there’s another designers’ outlet in Autocity and I’ll find out and tell you all about it. Meantime, Zurina’s should serve the purpose for the time being.























































I don’t know if they are real or fake, but they are still good buy J
My Scores:
Taste: NA
Environment: small but friendly
Service: friendly shop owner
Price: ☺☺☺
Parking: ☺☺☺(there’s a car park behind the shop at reasonable fees)
Address:
Website: NA
Others: The shop is on the same row as Jemputree in Burma Road, opposite Harvest In and next to Rose Restaurant. Oh, by the way, they open from 12pm to 7pm – to suit the office time apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment